6,526 total views, 6 views today
The annual US-INDIA Strategic Partnership Forums webinar started on 31 August 2020. It would last for the next five days with over 200 think-tanks from both the countries coming together.
This year’s motto is US-INDIA Navigating New Challenges. The topics range from:
- Ease of doing business
- Foreign Direct Investment(FDI)
- Indo-Pacific Economic Landscape
- Public Health
- Financial Sector
I was fortunate enough to get invited to attend all five days’ sessions live with the best minds, and who’s who of both the countries. Sharing some of the pictures of the first day’s interaction session:
Looking forward to hear your views on the India-US relationship in these changing scenarios.
Sure thing Hardik. Thanks.
It must be quite an experience!
Oh, it is fabulous.
Do make a post on what was discussed sir!
Hehe… Let’s see. Many things are of very high value to military and businesses.
Oh I see, I thought it was a publicly aired event…
No it is by invitation.
Oh, I see.
I thought it was a publically aired discussion👍
Thank you so much, indeed.
Proud of you
Thank you, Ramki.
sandomina, just keep in mind that ANYTHING Mike Pence has come out of his mouth is a lie. You’d have more luck if you watched his “other end”. At least you could flush it!
But have fun and watch your back.
😅 Thanks. It is just strategy, military and business, nothing else.
sandomina, Tubularsock would say strategy based on lies is the fundamental principle of business and the military! And a major reason why we murder so many people in the world.
Political leaders are a very small part of the forum. There are business and military leaders from both countries, who are sharing wonderful ideas, what they don’t share in the public forums.
Any link to watch these sessions in progress (LIVE)?
No, this webinar is by invitation only. Just about 200+ from both countries. Mostly CEOs and high ranking officials.
US AND INDIA IN THIS SITUATION”,प्यार तो होना ही था…..😄😄😄😄😄😍😄😄😍
झगड़े के बाद प्यार होता है।it is eternal rule of love😎😄😄😄😄
Too good 👌😄
Oh..great. expecting your detailed report on this.
I may not be able to share the nitty-gritty, but it would come out in my articles.
Impressive. Looking forward to reading your views.
Thanks, Sumita. You would find this in my articles, what kind of military or business strategy we are adopting between the two countries.
I hope our economy will get some real attention and the strategies would work.
Well done, @sandomina! Let’s hope the encounters bring good for all concerned. Looking forward to articles reflecting what you’ve learned.
Thank you so much, D’Nanda. Long time no see, I hope you have been keeping well.
Yesterday, Ambassador Nikki Haley, was fantastic, she spoke from the heart. Surely all the learnings from Leaders and CEOs from both countries would reflect the mood and future plans of these great nations, in my articles.
I am, indeed, well; wonderful to hear that the symposium is going well – and that you’re enjoying it!
That’s great to hear, D’Nanda.
Your posts are nice. You should also visit my blog and give your important comment.
Sure. Thank you so much for stopping by.
Any new political gossip,?dear!!
Don’t worry.i will wait next the political love story of you.😄😄😄
Hi. What is your blog about?
Hello there. You can go through the blog, it is very obvious.
I just thought it’d be nice coming from you.
So basically, you’re like a News person? You post about news.
No, I am not a news person. I am an independent writer, and my area of interest is geopolitics.
Uh huh, okay.
Am curious Sandomina. Who are you and what’s your background? You seem very well informed
Hello there. My name is my background.
It’s quite an honor that you were asked to attend USISPF! I hope you’re enjoying the webinar and share some your insights with us.
Oh, I was privileged and honored to get an invitation for such an important and close circle forum. I may not be able to share details of the talks openly, but one would get to see them in my articles.
Thanks for stopping by.
Thank you so much.
It is great that so many best heads are being put together from the two of the best democratic countries – US and India. Better ideas for a better world/humanity should translate on grounds.
Oh, it was awesome. Learned a lot from such amazing personalities.
First of all CONGRATULATIONS for an invite for the prestigious interactions/dialogues. The topics are worth discussing and if implemented sincerely, then sure enough, all the countries will gain by the jointmanship effort. But one thing should be kept in mind, all discussions, dialogues and cooperative spirits should not remain paper-oriented but put to practice.
For India, we have some bottlenecks which have to be removed first before anything tangible could be expected from the ongoing dialogue:-
1. taxes structure to be rationalized for the foreign players. When somebody puts his/her capital, he/she should get reward too.
2. Ease of doing business. Although GoI has eased some restrictions but our gerontocracy have to be practical and show tact and initiative in making the business environs more conducive so that those who want their capital invested have not to go from pillar to post for something urgent to be done.
3. We have vast resource of human; skilled, semi-skilled and non-skilled workers but here too discipline and dedication of the workforce for any business to succeed is a must. Labour Policy, if need be, is required to be revisited and made more practical rather than paper-oriented.
4. Merit to be the sole consideration for any job – since foreign capital cannot get attracted if merit is not considered as an important component.
5. Lesser State Governments’ interference at least till such time business is established and start giving return.
6. Think why the foreign companies are preferring to invest in Vietnam or Bangla Desh rather than in India?? Reasons are many and we have to delve on these too>
7. It should be kept in mind that nobody comes to invest his/her scarce resources without provide as the main motive therefore every aspects should be taken care threadbare.
8. Connectivity to be improved – rail and road for better carriage of products produced; both for internal marketing and to be exported.
9. All State Govts. should be onboard for the industrial base to be established by the foreigners. Political interference should not mar the espoused objectives.
Thanks and regards
Thank you so much, Harbans, for stopping by and sharing your valuable inputs. The government is taking a lot of initiatives, there would be no short-term gains. However, in the long run, the country would benefit tremendously from those efforts.
People are working passionately, and the world recognizes that.
Thanks a lot for your valuable commentary on the development initiatives being taken by our present Government. Lets see everything goes well and our join efforts fructify.
I like your blog very much, congratulations! I would like to invite you to follow my blog to thank you so much and I wish you much success
Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your wonderful thoughts. I am already following you. You have a wonderful blog.
Oh thank you so much you don’t imagin what that means to me 🌹😊
🌹The pleasure is also mine 😊
Thank You for the follow! I appreciate it! I will come back in future days to view the pods. Thank You for sharing!
Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.
You’re Most Welcome!
They probably invited you because great minds think.. I left off “alike” since you come to conclusions based on your own competent research – which is what a body considering those questions should appreciate.
Thank you so much, Marilee, for stopping by and your kind words.